- Ms Moloney’s Class explored the theme “The Doctor’s Surgery” for the month of October.
- In our home corner we took part in role play, going to the doctor. We took on different roles for example the doctor, the nurse, the patient, the receptionist. We also discussed X-rays.
- The water station was turned into a lab & we made medicine for our patients. We used various containers and syringes to make them.
- At the sand station we searched for body parts (plastic & pictures)
- At the construction station the boys used blocks to build hospitals, ambulances and even car parks for the hospital.
- At the creative station we learned about parts of the body & our senses. We also made body parts using play doh.
- At the junk art stations we made stethoscopes and X-rays.
Ms Moloney & Ms Galvin brought the boys on a walk to the church to look for Autumn leaves. We found some horse chestnuts too. We filled our bags with leaves to bring back to school to use for art. We made Autumn wreaths and included a lovely Autumn poem.
are falling down,
orange & brown."
Junior Infants really enjoyed playing soccer, basketball and 'What time is it Mr.Wolf?' as part of our Active Day on October 23rd.
For the month of October our Aistear theme was Me and My Body where we learned more about ourselves and our body parts. We chatted about looking after our bodies and who we visit when we are unwell- the doctor. We decided to open a Doctor's Surgery in our role play area.
Using our blocks the boys worked together in teams to build a doctor's surgery, making sure to wear our hi-vis jackets for safety.
In our creative area we made faces by cutting and sticking.
Hunting for poor Mr Potato Head's body parts in the sand was great fun. We had great practice naming our body parts in both english agus i ngaeilge.
We had great fun playing maths games with Ms Bradshaw, Mrs Walsh, Ms Gavin and Ms. Galvin for maths week.
Pirate Pete heard that Junior Infants were learning about his favourite letter- p and decided to send us a parcel. If we could complete 4 tasks he would deliver all his favourite things for us to have a party - pizza, popcorn, penguin bars,pringles, pirate punch and a pick of his treasure.Our tasks were:
1. Make some pirate hats
2. Follow trails as a team to find the things for the party.
3 Read his favourite story 'The Night Pirates'
4.Colour his picture.
After completing these tasks we had great fun at the party.
Junior Infants have been learning all about Autumn time . We learned about why the leaves fall off the trees and what fruits fall off the trees aswell. We decided to go on an Autumn walk to collect some leaves ,conkers, pine cones and helicopters. When we returned we completed our Autumn booklets and made some colourful apples in art.
When we returned we completed our Autumn booklets and made some colourful apples in art.