Well done to everyone who took part in last week's Active Home Week! It was great seeing you all out enjoying yourself & staying active. Well done to everyone who remembered to send back the Active Challenge Charts. Your pictures are still coming in & we are delighted to receive them.
Thank you to all the families who got involved with their brothers, and the parents who took on the task. Well done! Stay Active!
Friday 1st May: Suggested Activities
1. Partner Throw https://www.scoilnet.ie/uploads/resources/21852/21575.pdf
2. Banana, Banana, Meatball
3. Play Hopscotch https://www.kidspot.com.au/things-to-do/activity-articles/hopscotch/news-story/4272569c82c29d6bd2a66080f43ec352
4. Target Throw (if you don’t have a bean bag, use a folded pair of socks) https://www.scoilnet.ie/uploads/resources/21857/21580.pdf
Thursday 30th April: Suggested Activities
1. Catch If You Can (use any soft object, small ball, a pair of folded socks) https://www.scoilnet.ie/uploads/resources/21844/21567.pdf
2. Go Bananas https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfhzSNW0NmE
3.Play Limbo https://www.kidspot.com.au/things-to-do/activity-articles/limbo/news-story/dd464cdb6f3f4e41f8e335b52d3d4e39
4. Build a hut/fort (use household items/furniture to build a play area)
Wednesday 29th April: Suggested Activities
1. Balloon Volleyball
2. Go Noodle https://family.gonoodle.com/
3. Spot Hop https://www.scoilnet.ie/uploads/resources/21785/21508.pdf
4. Play Hide & Seek
Tuesday 28th April: Suggested Activities
1. Hot Potato https://www.scoilnet.ie/uploads/resources/21850/21573.pdf
2. Yoga with Siobhan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuszbw5Qd9U
3. Tumbles/Rolls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLEMhBc-kqI&feature=youtu.be
4. Dance to “Blinding Lights”, try the Tik Tok Challenge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwxLwG2_Sxk
Monday 27th April: Suggested Activities
1. Toilet Roll Keepy Uppies
2. Cosmic Yoga (Minecraft) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02E1468SdHg
3. Animal Walks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNS4uqwvnoY&feature=youtu.be
4. Musical statues
Monday 27th April – Friday 1st May was due to be “Active Schools Week” #ASW.
As schools are closed, schools around the country will instead take part in the #ActiveHomeWeekChallenge.
“Children and young people need at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day.”
(World Health Organization)
The Active Home Week Challenge is to do 60 minutes of physical activity every day. We suggest you do 4 activities for 15 minutes each. Activities like going for a walk & cycling your bike count as physical activity so make sure to count these activities if you do them. Remember to follow HSE guidelines when exercising outdoors. “Exercise outdoors - within 2 kilometres of your home and only with people from your own household - keeping 2 metres between you and other people” (HSE)
Your teacher will send you suggested activities & links. Keep doing any of the activities you enjoy. Please feel free to share any extra activities you come up with at home. Keep account of your daily activities & send back to your teacher. We would also love to see any pictures or videos of you getting involved in Active Home Week to share here on the school website & our Twitter @stmarysjuniorb2
Email pictures & videos to email@example.com
Today was our last day of activities. We were outside again today for gymnastics. We had great fun trying out our sequences, rolls & balances.
We have had a fantastic week this week. Huge thank you to our Active Schools Committee, all our teachers and SNAs for all their help and organisation. Most importantly thank you to all the boys (& Sonas girls) for taking part in the fun activities.
The sun was shining today and we were showing off our dance moves on the Astro turf. We played musical statues and musical chairs and impressed our teachers with our dance moves. We also kept up our laps on the yard. Senior infants started tennis today also. Our Wednesday was full of activity!!!!
Today we returned to the yard to run laps and we had to find shapes in our scavenger hunt.